why this course?
Puzzled on how to consistently interpret Scripture? Wonder where the Bible came from? Which translation is the best?
audit for $375
Enter "AUDIT-COLLEGE" in the coupon code at checkout in order to not take the course for credit. Auditing means you are not required to complete assignments and the professor will not be reviewing your work. We strongly recommend full participation for maximum value.
- discuss the formation, canonization, transmission and translation of the Bible that we have today;
- examine and interpret Biblical texts, demonstrating various exegesis and hermeneutical skills;
- have a plan to reflectively practice reading Scripture with joy, awe and wonder;
- discern between responsible and irresponsible approaches to Scripture.
- apply critical thinking skills to various perspectives on canon, inspiration, authority and infallibility;
- develop increased confidence in the text of the Bible;
- discern between the essentials of faith, matters of opinion and matters of ambiguity regarding the Bible;
- recount the primary biblical metanarrative;
- identify structural features of various Bible genres.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration College Semester
- Skill level Level 100
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes