why this course?
The Old Testament confuses or intimidates many people. This course helps students understand its overarching narrative of creation, fall, and redemption and also recognize their own life story in this light as well.
audit for $375
Enter "AUDIT-PACE" in the coupon code at checkout in order to not take the course for credit. Auditing means you are not required to complete assignments and the professor will not be reviewing your work. We strongly recommend full participation for maximum value.
Upon completion of this course, the student will:
- Have read key selections from the Hebrew Bible
- Know the basic content of each book of the Hebrew Bible
- Creatively summarize the overarching story of the Hebrew Bible in chronological order.
- Locate the story of the Hebrew Bible within the historical Ancient Near Eastern context in which it was written and first heard.
- Articulate how the story of the Hebrew Bible integrates with his or her own life journey.
- Possess a foundation from which to pursue further studies of the Hebrew Bible and Christian scriptures.
Longman, Tremper, III. Introducing the Old Testament: A Short Guide to its History and Message. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2012.
The Holy Bible
The Bible: The Epic Miniseries. (2013). [DVD] Directed by C. Reece, T. Mitchell and C. Christopher Spencer. Los Angeles: LightWorkers Media. (also available on Netflix)
This course surveys the books of the Hebrew Bible with particular attention paid to the history of the Israelite nation within the context of the Ancient Near East.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 weeks Modular
- Skill level Level 300
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
MTS, BRE, BA Comm