Students will be able to:
- Explain how Jewish and Roman historical and cultural climate provides an understanding of the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Identify the major developments in the life of Christ and gain a foundational understanding of who He is.
- Recognize the fundamentals of Jesus’ teaching and explore such in relation to their lives, work, and leadership.
- Explain key ideas concerning the historical, political, and cultural conditions in Jesus’ day, as well as have a basic knowledge of the geography of Palestine.
- Describe and discuss the events surrounding the last week.
- Demonstrate a desire to grow spiritually through their interaction with the Christ described in the gospels.
Wright, N.T. Simply Jesus. New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers, 2011. ISBN 978-0-06-208439-2
Yancey, Philip. The Jesus I Never Knew. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House, 1995. ISBN.
The Holy Bible
The Meaning of the Kingdom in the Gospels
Sermon on the Mount – The Message
Seven Last Words
The life and teaching of Jesus of Nazareth will be explored according to the material presented in the synoptic gospels. Particular attention will be given to the historical, political, and cultural background of 1st century Palestine.
$375 to audit this course
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 Weeks Semester
- Skill level Level 300
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Weekly Lectures 5