why this course?
Many modern people of faith wish their prayer lives were better or different. This course helps students root their prayer in both the theology and practices that have nurtured the spiritual life of Christians for centuries.
audit for $375
Enter "AUDIT-COLLEGE" in the coupon code at checkout in order to not take the course for credit. Auditing means you are not required to complete assignments and the professor will not be reviewing your work. We strongly recommend full participation for maximum value.
Following the completion of this course, each student will have:
- Practiced a regular rhythm of prayer using daily offices
- Explored and experimented with use of the Ten Commandments, the Psalms, the Lord’s Prayer, and the Apostles’ Creed in prayer
- Developed an expanded theology of Christian prayer (with a focus on petitionary prayer)
- Explained and demonstrated competence in one form of prayer from church tradition
- Begun a relationship with a mentor who helps them grow in a life of prayer
- Crafted and begun to implement a practice (rule) of prayer that guides them in their life of prayer
Claiborne, Shane, and Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove. Common Prayer: A Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals. Pocket ed. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2012.
Crump, David. Knocking on Heaven’s Door: A New Testament Theology of Petitionary Prayer. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2006.
Peterson, Eugene H. Answering God: The Psalms as Tools for Prayer. New York: HarperOne, 1989.
Sproul, R.C. The Barber Who Wanted to Pray. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2011.
This course offers a theological exploration of prayer as revealed in Scripture and Christian tradition. It also provides particular emphasis upon the practice of prayer in the Christian life.
B231 Christian Theology will give you the right foundation to get the most out of this course. If you are enrolled in a program, it is a required prerequisite. However, if you have equivalent life experience or other course work and would like to take the course, contact the academic dean.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration College Semester
- Skill level Level 300
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
MTS, BRE, BA Comm