why this course?
Ethics provides foundational guidance for how we live in the world and make good choices. From a theoretical basis through Biblical principles and practical application, you can expect this course to draw you towards Jesus and a virtuous life.
audit for $375
Enter "AUDIT-PACE" in the coupon code at checkout in order to not take the course for credit. Auditing means you are not required to complete assignments and the professor will not be reviewing your work. We strongly recommend full participation for maximum value.
Upon completion of this course, the student will:
- Identify key Christian ethical theories
- Engage a variety of sources for moral authority and approaches taken towards developing ethical understanding
- Articulate the ethical teachings of Jesus as found in the Sermon on the Mount
- Recognize and interpret the teachings of Jesus within the larger ethical framework of the New Testament
- Be introduced to the connection between the teachings of Jesus, within the larger ethical framework of the New Testament, and the ethical material of the Decalogue
- Discuss and evaluate some of the foundational hermeneutical issues that are raised when approaching Scripture for ethical teaching
- Assess and appraise the ethical teachings of Jesus in relationship to a number of contemporary ethical issues
Focusing on the material presented in the Sermon on the Mount and the Ten Commandments, this course builds a foundation for the Christian moral life. Attention is given throughout the course to understanding the teachings of Jesus in a contemporary context.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Modular (6 weeks)
- Skill level Level 400
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes