why this course?
Students are invited to explore and experiment with the spiritual practices of the Christian tradition. These holistic habits help students participate in the Holy Spirit’s work of making them increasingly become like Jesus.
audit for $375
Enter "AUDIT-COLLEGE" in the coupon code at checkout in order to not take the course for credit. Auditing means you are not required to complete assignments and the professor will not be reviewing your work. We strongly recommend full participation for maximum value.
Upon the completion of this two-semester course, students will have:
- Been introduced to important spiritual writers in the Christian tradition
- Identified and recalibrated their everyday habits that shape what they love
- Explored and experiment various spiritual practices that align their desires with God’s.
- Practiced a holistic approach to Christian spiritual formation that involves both the soul and body and a love for God, people, and creation.
- Re-evaluated what authentic Christian spirituality looks like in a North American context
- Experimented organizing time according to the life of Jesus using the Christian Calendar
- Crafted a rule of life that guides them in their spiritual formation.
Claiborne, Shane. Irresistible Revolution. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2006. (Winter semester)
Foster, Richard & James Bryan Smith. Devotional Classics. Rev. ed. San Francisco: HarperCollins, 2005.
Reinders, Philip F. Seeking God’s Face. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2010.
Smith, James K.A. You Are What You Love: The Spiritual Power of Habit. Grand Rapids: Brazos Press, 2016. (Fall semester)
This year-long course explores a practical approach to the Christian vocation of being conformed to the image of Christ. Attention is given to fostering the Spirit’s work in our lives through both inward and outward spiritual practices. An introduction to classic spiritual writers of the Christian tradition is also offered.
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 0
- Duration College Semester
- Skill level Level 100
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
MTS, BRE, BA Comm